Friday, October 3, 2014

My hero

Dad, before you go
I wanna tell you the things that I didn't show
I wish I could spend more time with you and let you know
That I just wanna hold you and never let you go

Dad, as days go by
I still can't stop the tears flowing from my eyes
I would trade anything, just name the price
I'm still a kid inside. I'm still not very wise

Dad, I know I'm not the best son
But my love for you is like the burning sun
If only I could travel back and treasure all the fun
If only I could hide you from the Reaper that's on the hunt

Dad, please forgive all of my bad deeds
I want nothing else, it's you that I need
Without you by my side, how could I lead
An empty life of mine in this world of greed

So dad, before you go
You will always be in my heart, you will always be my hero
I'm breaking down now and time suddenly feels so slow
I can't bear to watch you taking your last breath and slowly letting it go

No comments:

Post a Comment